To apply, the person requiring assistance must be 8 years of age or older.

You will need to provide evidence for the card holder of one of the following:

  • Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
  • Attendance Allowance (AA)
  • Personal Independence Payment (PIP)
  • Armed Forces Independence Payment (AFIP)
  • Severely Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Registered Blind)
  • Sight Impaired Registration (formerly Partially Sighted)

You will need to send a copy of the awarding letter from DWP or a statement confirming receipt of the allowance for the person requiring assistance (the card holder).

This should be dated within the last 12 months.

Alternatively, for Severely Sight Impaired (formerly Registered Blind) or Sight Impaired (formerly Partially Sighted) then please send a photocopy of registration for the person requiring assistance (the card holder).

Please note that ESA (Employment and Support Allowance) or the Blue Badge on its own are not accepted as proof of eligibility.